"GET ME FEATURED" PR PACKAGE
This is the year you were going to rack up interviews, right?
Buuuuut turns out researching and writing thoughtful pitches takes A LOT of time. Especially when most shows tout episodes that are 30 minutes to 1 1/2 hours long.
You know that the extra exposure could grow your email list and bring in new clients, but when you look at the list of to-do's coming up, pitching tends to fall toward the bottom.
Plus, you know that you only get one chance to make a first impression. So the idea of pitching anyone on your "influencer crush list" makes you nervous.
You don't want to sound artificial. You don't want to be annoying. You don't want to end a potential relationship before it starts. And you definitely don't want to spend valuable hours researching a podcast only to hear a "no" at the end of the email thread.
That’s why I’m offering my “GET ME FEATURED” PR package.
First of all, this entire email made our day! You have such a beautiful way with words and this is the best "pitch" we've ever received. Thank you so much for taking the time to research the show, listen to the episodes that stood out to you, and share WHY each guest would fit our tribe.
- Olivia Seline & Crystal Stautzenberger, Life Coaches & Hosts of "Soul In The Raw"
It’s for you if you’re an established business owner who is ready to:
Amplify your message so you can get hundreds of new people on your email list
Start and nurture relationships with entrepreneurs on your influencer crush list
Build social capital so others begin to see you as the go-to person in your field
Create or expand your “As Seen In” logo bar on your homepage to enhance credibility
"This is all awesome! I’m so impressed with what you’ve been able to book. It feels like it's higher than 30% booking rate (and that is pretty damn remarkable). Thank you, Cher!!"
- Dr. Sasha Heinz, Developmental Psychologist & Life Coach
First of all, congratulations on being the first publicist to send me an ON TOPIC pitch! Thank you for being thoughtful about the guests you pitched and for taking the time to familiarize yourself with my podcast. My mailbox is full of boilerplate pitches, unfortunately. I may very well hire you to pitch ME at some point! :)
- Lara Dalch, Health & Lifestyle Coach and Host of Women on the Rise
aka. How I get you booked
Step 1. We list the podcasts you definitely want to pitch. If you're unsure, I recommend aligned podcasts for you.
Step 2. I do thorough research on the show and the host.
Step 3. We identify 3-5 angles from your story and your message that we can pitch.
Step 4. We pitch. We wait. We follow up, if necessary.
Step 5A. You get booked. We celebrate. You book in a time with the host and prepare for your interview. We send a thank you card because kindness + gratitude go a loooong way.
Step 5B. You don’t get booked. But now you have an opening to continue the conversation because a “no” to an interview never means “no” to a relationship.
"Thank you for sending me one of the most thorough and well-formed pitches. Ever. I SO appreciated it."
- Tara Newman, Leadership Coach & Host of The Bold Leadership Revolution Podcast
And a few bonuses (because giving useful gifts makes me happy):
Whether or not you're not familiar with the show, I'll send you a 1-sheet that gives you a thorough rundown of the show, the host, and what to expect from your interview so you're professional and prepared.
If you don't have one already, I'll help you create a podcast press kit, which makes you look oh-so-profesh and reduces the admin-related back and forth between you & the host.
Every week, I’ll update you via email on how we’re doing. That way, you’re never left wondering what’s going on.
When you work with me, you’ll stay on my mind for a loooong time. That means that when I see a pitch that fits you a T in the future, I’ll send it your way.
"Finally! These pitches are a breath of fresh air and a welcome change from the standard copy & paste afterthought pitches I normally receive."
- Rachel Luna, Chief Confidence Creator & Host of REAL TALK
Stuff I WON’T do you for in this package:
Pitch you for podcasts (You can do that with this package here.)
Pitch you for speaking gigs
Coach you on what to say during the interview
Help you figure out your core message
Level 1 // Build My Confidence + Credibility >> $800/month for the next 4 months - At this rate, you’ll get an estimated 10 pitches out per month.
Level 2 // Launch My Program / Product / Book >> $1400/month for the next 6 months - At this rate, you'll get an estimated 20 pitches out, and I'll research + pitch aligned websites for you too!
Availability: Openings beginning September 2018
Interested? Send me a note using the contact form below.
Some legal stuff for you to know: If we decide to work together, it will be a minimum 4-month commitment, and I’ll ask you to sign an agreement to seal the deal. That agreement will also state that there are no refunds and no guarantees. If you’re uncomfortable with that but want to find other ways to learn how to pitch yourself, I recommend checking out Selena Soo, Janet Murray’s Soulful PR, or PR Couture.
Want to hear about my street cred in the pitching + podcast world?
I started pitching news stations when I was 19. I would get up at 4am and cold call editors in NYC until I heard "yes" from outlets like CNN and NBC. That’s only after getting a feel for local media outlets in Las Vegas. I didn’t learn it all on my own. Alexia Vernon, my boss at the time, was an incredible mentor and provided me with all of the tools I needed to be professional, poised, and prepared.
I took those skills and used them to land sponsorships for charity events, my Italian podcast, and Natalie Sisson’s The Suitcase Entrepreneur Podcast. It also helped me nurture relationships with people I’ve always admired in my industry. And because you want the street cred, I’m going to continue to name drop. Without these skills, I wouldn’t have created relationships with Natalie MacNeil, Alexandra Franzen, Natasha Vorompiova, and L’Erin Alta.
Plus, I’m really good at using the power of words to persuade. And I’ll be your buffer for rejection because I’m not afraid to hear a "no."
To date, I've booked clients on shows like:
- The Unmistakable Creative with Srinivas Rao
- The Creative Leap with Alexander Tutungi of Dubsado
- Courage & Clarity with Steph Crowder
- Over It and On With It with Christine Hassler
- The Amber Lilyestrom Show
- Radically Loved with Rosie Acosta
- Get Gutsy with Jenny Fenig
- The Creative Sandbox Way with Melissa Dinwiddie
- Unstoppable Success Radio with Kelly Roach
- Biz Women Rock with Katie Krimitsos
- REAL TALK with Rachel Luna
- The Deep Dive with Adam Roa
- Making the Maven with Michelle McGlade
Write me at email@example.com. We’ll see if it’s a good fit.
1) But I don’t have a professional, fancypants microphone. - Oh, stop. If you want one, get one. But you don’t need it.
2) I just started my business a few months ago, but I know my message inside + out, upside + down. Am I still a good fit? - That’s to be determined. Write me, and I can evaluate if doing podcast interviews are really the next best step for you.
3) I want a guarantee that I’ll be booked for the podcast interviews on my list. - Sigh, I wish I could give you that. But pitching is a tricky, no-guarantee game. You do your best to get the messaging tight + clear. It’s perfect. Then maybe the host decides to end the show and already has all her guests lined up. Or perhaps he’s going through a family emergency and the show is on hold for the next six months. It also might happen that the pitch just doesn’t fit with the direction the show to take. Stuff that we can’t know if we’re not in her head. That’s why our fallback is always building relationships, which are often more valuable than an interview.
4) Do I have to have existing connections with the hosts of these shows? - Nope.
5) I don’t have the budget. Would you consider a payment plan? - Normally, yes. But for something like this, I recommend that you save your money and funnel it towards less-risky investments, like hiring a VA to free up some of your time or investing in software that will help you run your next program.
"I've had the privilege to have Cher support my business in myriad ways over the last 5 years. During the first year of my Influencer Academy, she was the program director - responsible for everything from participant engagement and on-site logistics to liaising with catering and guest speakers. Cher also pitched print and TV media on my behalf and has helped secure bookings including CNN and NBC and locally in Las Vegas with Vegas Seven, the Las Vegas Review-Journal and Nevada Woman Magazine. Her administrative and project management skills are bar none. She is always ahead of deadlines, gives the right balance of structure and freedom to a support team and is a great strategic partner. Plus, with Cher comes an opportunity-centered mindset and contagious optimism, impeccable writing skills (i.e., persuasive emails, social posts or agendas/task lists), a gift for interpersonal communication and a wicked, pitch-perfect sense of humor. Work with this woman. She will make your business stronger and your life happier and more full of ease."
Alexia Vernon, Founder and Director, Influencer Academy
Seriously. I just read the descriptions and they are beyond beautiful. I'm not sure how you took my rambling of words and created such powerful yet delicate stories but I'm so unbelievably grateful you did. Thank you for pushing me to let go and trust you with this. I'm blown away! So so so very grateful for you Cher.
Lindsey Rae, TODA Trinkets
"You are like a dream come true, Cher!"
- Holly Shaw, Hypnotherapist & Creativity Coach